Totallly Unique: A Car Window Bed Rail

Can you see how sweet a faux car window I can make out of some weird metal thingy I have no idea what it is I found at Urban Ore for $1, the thin acrylic pane from a 99¢ thrift store poster, and some bolts...





I barely need to describe this part... I cut the acrylic to fit, drilled little holes in it and bolted it to my metal frame thingy...

My ImageMy Image



Now, I want my "car window" to also function as a bed rail, so this sucker has to stay put!

I put an eye lag bolt into the bed side, slipped the metal tube over it and bolted it in place!



Then I drilled 2 holes and bolted (size M6) the side of the metal thingy to the bed.  I don't know what this thing used to be bolted to, but it worked perfect here!




Totally Awesome!
Our "rat rod", vintage auto, toddler-trundle-bed is taking shape!!


I have one more of these weird metal frame thingys -- can anyone see a windshield?
I only feel bad that I don't know where you all can pick up a "some weird metal thingy I have no idea what it is" for yourselves... sorry


I'm linking this post up with









Bookmark and Share
2 Responses
  1. I was surprised seeing this unique car window bed rail you've made! This will keep your child protected while their sleep to keep them off from falling.


  2. I recently found your blog and have been reading along. I believed I could leave my first comment. I don't know very well what to say except that I've enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I could keep visiting this blog very often.Cheap Windscreen Replacement


Related Posts with Thumbnails